The second annual World Food Championships will invite the champions from the biggest and best food competitions around the world, including online recipe contests, into a single $300,000 competition. Following a tournament-style format across seven iconic food categories, the WFC will culminate with a Final Table showdown where category champions will face potential elimination in front of a live audience and a discerning panel of culinary celebrities.
There are many great events to attend with some unique highlights:
Become a Certified BBQ Judge
- 11/7 from 10am - 2pm
- $60 for member / $100 for non-member
- It's easy, you don't have to compete or cook. You just show up and learn the professional secrets behind competition-worthy BBQ! After the class is over you'll be a member of the Kansas City Barbeque Society, the largest and most respected BBQ sanctioning body in the competition industry. Not only will you receive KCBS credentials, but your name will go into the national database of judges who get to participate in hundreds of BBQ contests all across the country!
The Ultimate Bacon Experience
- 11/9 from 1pm - 3pm OR 4pm - 6pm
- $40 presale / $50 at the door
- Bacon fans will be sizzling on Saturday when we bring the Ultimate Bacon Experience to the World Food Championships. Taste and enjoy culinary creations using everyone's favorite pork belly decadence, from sweet to savory and all parts in between! Two sessions are available, on Saturday, Nov. 9 from 1-3 pm and 4-6 pm, with a specialty bacon cocktail included in all online ticket sales.