Take a journey through the fascinating Mojave desert, colossal volcanic crater,Death Valley museum, the lowest spot in the Western hemisphere and a ghost town -- all on one fun-filled tour!
Your tour begins with transportation from your hotel to your first stop, the Mojave Desert. Within the park you'll see many of the natural wonders that make Death Valley unique, including:
- Ubehebe Crater: The crater is all that remains from a volcanic eruption so violent the volcano itself was destroyed. The crater is nearly a half-mile across and about 800 feet deep.
- Furnance Creek: Explore the Furnace Creek Ranch museum, where you can learn about the history of Death Valley.
- Badwater: The lowest spot in the Western Hemisphere at 282 feet below sea level with a permanent spring-fed pool where you actually can walk on the salt flats.
- Devil's Golf Course: A giant area of rock salt that has been eroded by wind and sand to create rocky spires so rough "only the devil could play golf on such rough links."
- Dante's View: at 5,000 feet above Death Valley you get an overview of Death Valley. "Star Wars" fans will recognize the view as it was a filming location when Luke Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi overlook the Tatooine spaceport of Mos Eisley.
- Rhyolite Ghost Town: The ruins of the once prosperous mining town have been immortalized in photos and film.
Stops can change based on park closures, weather or other events. A boxed lunch is served during a stop in the tour and includes a deli-meat sandwich, chips, cookies, fruit, soda and water.
You will receive a Death Valley Explorer Certificate to commemorate your enjoyable, historical experience.
Return transportation to your hotel is included.
This tour is typically available starting the 1st Tuesday in September until the last Thursday in May. This tour is not available Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.