NO PURCHASE OR RESERVATIONS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These Official Rules apply for the "LasVegas.com Barrett-Jackson Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") conducted by Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority ("LVCVA"), 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109, ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on January 18, 2014 and will end at 7:59:59 PM EST on February 28, 2014 ("Sweepstakes Entry Period"). By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENT MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE CURRENTLY 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Sponsor, Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, (collectively, the "Related Entities"), and their immediate family members (mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and spouse, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of any such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.lasvegas.com/barrettjackson during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and complete and submit the Official Entry Form displayed by providing your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number including area code, date of birth, and a valid e-mail address. Entries hereinafter referred to individually as an "Entry" or collectively as "Entries"). All Entries must be received by 7:59:59 PM EST on February 28, 2014. Limit one (1) Entry per person/ e-mail address per day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Multiple or duplicate Entries will be disqualified. The use of automated devices is not valid for Entry. Any Entry that is submitted with the use of an automated device will be void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incorrect, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, misaddressed, or otherwise misdirected Entries, Entries that are processed late or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Your Entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, e-mail address and other information to Centra Marketing and Communications, LLC for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and for other uses by Sponsor as permitted by applicable law. Entries are the property of the Sponsor will not be acknowledged or returned. All requested information on the Entry must be provided in English to enter and be eligible to win.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER/RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted on or about March 10, 2014 by Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, an independent judging organization whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
4. ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize includes one (1) four (4) night/five (5) day trip to Las Vegas, Nevada for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) adult guest 21 years of age or older consisting of round-trip economy class air transportation from major commercial airport nearest winner's residence to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, Nevada, four (4) night's hotel accommodations (1 room, double occupancy) at a Sponsor-specified hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada, and two (2) Barrett-Jackson VIP ticket passes to the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction scheduled to take place in Las Vegas, Nevada between September 25, 2014 and September 27, 2014. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of Grand Prize is up to $5,000. The actual value of Grand Prize may vary depending on the location of Grand Prize Winner's residence. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. The ARV of the Grand set forth above represents Sponsor's good faith determination of the actual value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the Grand Prize winner resides within a 100-mile radius of Las Vegas, NV, the economy class air transportation portion of the Grand Prize will not be awarded and ground transportation between Grand Prize Winner's residence and the Sponsor-specified hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada may be provided. Travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by selected travel providers; availability and blackout dates and other material restrictions may apply. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all ground transportation between Grand Prize Winner's residence and major commercial airport nearest Grand Prize Winner's residence, ground transportation in Las Vegas, Nevada, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, laundry services, telephone calls, internet usage, movie rental), meals and beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, baggage fees, amenities and personal incidentals, and any other expenses not specified herein. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a valid major credit card upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals, and any other expenses charged to the Grand Prize Winner's hotel room will be charged to the Grand Prize Winner's major valid credit card provided. Airline tickets are subject to terms and conditions stated on such tickets and various additional material restrictions may apply. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. In the event the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction is postponed or cancelled for any reason prior to or during the Grand Prize Winner's trip, the two (2) VIP tickets to the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction portion of the Grand Prize will not be awarded and no compensation will be provided in lieu of the two (2) VIP tickets to the cancelled Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction. If the Grand Prize Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Grand Prize trip due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Grand Prize trip or any part thereof or; (2) extending the period during which Grand Prize trip may be awarded for a period equal to the duration of Grand Prize Winner's s disability or illness and Grand Prize winner must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsor and Grand Prize Winner at Grand Prize Winner's expense. By accepting the Grand Prize trip, Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest agree that Grand Prize Winner and Guest will act in a manner that is safe and respectful of Sponsor, Related Entities and their sponsored-specified hotels. If the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest should appear to be inebriated, impaired or acting inappropriately, if the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest speaks profanity or shows any lewd or sexually suggestive gesture or full or partial nudity, or if the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which could reflect unfavorably upon any other individual, that creates the potential for death, disability, injury and/or property damage, the Sponsor, its Related Entities and management of sponsored-specified hotels shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to remove both the Grand Prize Winner and Guest from the premises and the remainder of the Grand Prize trip may be forfeited without any further compensation. Grand Prize trip is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security as required. Grand Prize Winner (where applicable) is solely responsible for paying all federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099MISC to be issued and filed for any recipient who receives a prize if the annual aggregate value of the prize received is $600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099MISC to Grand Prize Winner for the total fair market value of the prize he/she receives. Sponsor or Related Entities are not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from the Grand Prize Winner's or a Guest's change(s) to itinerary or accommodations. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest will be solely responsible for any and all costs associated with obtaining a valid government issued ID and/or Passport prior to departure. Grand Prize Winner may not choose the cash value in lieu of the Grand Prize. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of the Grand Prize is permitted. In the event the advertised Grand Prize is unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASE: Eligibility, age and prize claim by the potential Grand Prize Winner is subject to verification. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about March 17, 2014. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by Sponsor. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign before a notary public and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/Liability and (where legally permissible) a Publicity Release Form within ten (10) days of notification. Non-compliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification of the potential Grand Prize Winner and the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. If the potential Grand Prize Winner is ineligible or declines the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. Grand Prize Winner's Guest will be required to execute and return a Guest Liability and Publicity Release (where permissible) prior to travel or will not be permitted to accompany Grand Prize Winner on trip. If the Affidavit/Release is returned as undeliverable, or if the Grand Prize is forfeited for any reason whatsoever, the Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified, and the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner who will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. A potential Grand Prize Winner is not a Grand Prize Winner until his/her submission of notification materials is verified.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, at which time Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received by the time of the Sweepstakes termination. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, failure of event personnel to submit Entry properly, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these official rules. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION:ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a prize winner based on an e-mail address, the prize winning Entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of Entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person 21 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. GENERAL: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold the Sponsor and the Related Entities harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes. By accepting the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, voice, picture, likeness, hometown, biographical information and prize details in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity for any lawful purpose without further permission, consideration or payment (except where prohibited by law) and agrees to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities as designated by Sponsor (except where prohibited by law) in connection with this Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release the Sponsor and the Related Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event) the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, elects to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. The interpretation of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Nevada exclusively and solely by and within the courts of that state without regard to choice of law principles.
9. NAME OF WINNER/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner (available after March 31, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by June 2, 2014 to: LasVegas.com Barrett-Jackson Sweepstakes, c/o Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, 1400 Old Country Road #420, Westbury, NY 11590. Please specify "Winners List" or "Official Rules" on outer envelope. Do not send Sweepstakes entries to this address.
NATURE OF SPONSOR'S BUSINESS: Promotes tourism, conventions, meetings and special events in Las Vegas, NV.
© 2014 Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. All rights reserved.